I’m gearing up for next week’s give aways, (I’ll have pictures for you tomorrow. Promise!) and starting to prep the freebie for the Witch With No Name tour. Tour T’s are being designed, and I’ve got my puppy sitter lined up. (Thanks, Mom!)
So amid all the madness, or maybe because of it, I have been working on that dragon pattern I promised you last month. I was going to make a gold because, well, that’s a queen firelizard, right? But someone suggested I make a white one, and, uh, yeah. I liked that. Again the front legs gave me the most trouble, and I tweaked the pattern twice, meaning I had to make double the legs. But on the plus side, I found a new outlet for extraordinarily thin, strong pipe cleaners that worked better than the wire I’d been using for the fingers. I adjusted them, too, making the front hands smaller than the back this time.
I’m double checking the wings now. It won’t be long until the pattern is ready. I’m seriously thinking about looking into getting it protected under some kind of copyright, but I’ve got zero smarts there. Just enough to know I don’t have a clue. You’d think that I would, but books are not patterns, and I don’t know where to start. (Hey, I’m a newbie!)
If you want to see a finished dragon, I’ve got a previous post: here Oh, and if you’re curious, Pern is the inspiration. I wanted a fire lizard so bad, I could have cried.