I seldom get out to tour for the books that come between the usual spring releases, and though I’m going to Comic Con NY October 11-14, I wanted one more chance for you to get a signed copy of the first Harrison compilation. This is the one with all the extra Hollows shorts and novellas that have been published up to now. In it, we see Ivy frame a man for murder–the same who goes on later to kill Kisten. We see Daryl and see how she and Ivy met. There’s Ceri’s abduction, and why blue butterflies figure into Al’s psyche. Why Ivy gave Mia her wish, and what Mia did with it is in there. How Pierce gave Rachel her first feeling of true independence is explained. And of course, Trent and Jenks rescuing Lucy. (Go Trent and Jenks!)
Then there are the new pieces, bits of thought that I played with as possible future series. If you want a peek into how the creative mind works . . . Well . . . here you go. I’ve got three novellas and one short, all different worlds, all different magics, all hopefully different feels to them: Pet Shop Boys from a guy’s point of view about the perils of winter solstice parties; Spider Silk, a is-she-isn’t-she kind of horror story; and Grace, who’ve I’ve been talking about ever since I’ve had a blog–which is actually before they had a word for it. (I’m thinking 2001?)
It’s a fabulous collection of old and new, and I’m very pleased to be able to do this. As I said, there will be some at Comic Con for me to sign, but I didn’t want to limit availability, so Nicolas in Ann Arbor has taken on the task of being my signed-book outlet. So . . . if you want one of these bad boys signed, here’s what you do:
1. Go to their ordering site and order a book. I’ve got the link at the end here.
2. Work through the order form until you get to the “pay me” part. Way down at the bottom you’ll see a box that looks like this.
3. In this box, you write in “Please have Kim sign my book” ORRRRRRRR “Please have Kim sign my book to __________” and fill in the blank with who you want me to personalize it to. The first will get you my signature, the second will get it personalized to you with a note.
4. If you don’t put anything in the box, you’ll get a book but no signature. :-)
5. International orders are okay. Call them at 734-662-0600
6. If you want it by the drop date, you have to order by October 3rd.
7. Here’s the link to get you started. Nicola’s signed Into The Woods offer
I am very grateful for Nicola’s for doing this for us. I know it’s a pain to try to get these out to you so they will land on your door on the publishing date, so please don’t wait for the last moment to order. The books have to be sent from Harper early, and if you place your order late, there is that extra shipping time to deal with. You’ll still get your book, but it won’t be on the drop date. I will do my part by getting there to sign them a few days before the drop date, but again, you have to order with enough time to actually ship it to you.
I hope you enjoy this collection. I had a surprisingly good time putting it together. :-) Lots of stuff I’ve been wanting to get out on paper finally made it. Phew!!