Lately, my weekend projects have been taking me all week to get done, but done they do get. A few weeks ago, I talked about trying to felt some of my knitting. Well, I finally got my first felting project done. It took a while longer because I didn’t exactly follow the instructions and knitted them two layers thick. Guy has been using the pot holder, but the mitt is too small for him. (Guess what? Felting shrinks your work! Kind of like editing . . .) I knew this would happen, but I wanted it done and it is, what it is. My real goal is a hat. I’ve got one made, but it was with a different yarn and it didn’t felt up as well. (test piece) I can use it as decoration, but it’s not really what I was looking for. (shrug) It’s all therapy, anyway, something creative I can to with color and texture unlike creativity with words and images.
Yesterday was a good day at the keyboard. I finally got that last chapter done, and wow, I sorta saw that coming, but not Trent’s spelling room. The depth one room can give a person is amazing. I can’t wait for you to see it. I wanted this to be my last run through before I sent it in to my editor, but I want to go over it one more time–just to nail down a few things. For you guys who are keeping track, this will be one rough draft and three revisions before my editor sees it. (And you thought it all came out looking perfect the first time. It’s ugly, I tell you, ugly.)