Today I start on Madison III rewrite, still untitled because the one I sent it in with wasn’t close enough to the previous two. I went over the editorial letter Friday, and thought about some of the changes over the weekend. Today I’ll be going over the letter again with the ms in front of me so I can start to plan my attack. If I’m lucky, I’ll get a few chapters into it.
Rewrites are funny beasts to tame. Sometimes, it’s like taking a wet, muddy dog off the street and giving it a bath and a trim. Sometimes it’s like taking that same wet, muddy dog and finding out it has a medical issue and having to open it up and fix things–while giving it a bath at the same time. (Painful and messy) I’ll be fixing things with this one, but nothing major, and I’m hoping the changes I’m making don’t cascade into making larger problems that then need to be fixed as well. I’ll know more later this week. ;-)